This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Agilent MSD Chemstation software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of MSDChemstation software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; reports; and an introduction to macros and retention time locking.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the MSD ChemStation software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will learn how to create a full scan and SIM method to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to macros and learn retention time locking
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent GC-MS instruments using the MSD Chemstation software.
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 2-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 15% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Agilent 5975 MSD) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent 5975 MSD with MSD Chemstation) course for £1230 + VAT.
Quotes from previous attendees
“More engaging and better presented than other technical courses.” Nick Davidson, Analyst, Northumbrian Water (November 2014).
“Best (course) I have been on. Most relevant.” Sarah Pendlington, Analyst, Northumbrian Water (November 2014).