This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will I learn on this course?
The 2-day Hands-on GCxGC Operator course is designed to introduce the fundamental concepts of GCxGC with flow and thermal modulation. It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware and some software lab exercises to give you comprehensive training. It will review the use of the Agilent CFT flow modulator and the Zoex and Leco thermal modulators.
This course focuses on the hardware rather than the software aspects of GCxGC. It includes an introduction to Comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography; selection and installation of the column set into the modulator; creation of GCxGC methods; optimisation of a diesel sample using the standard column set; and the basic analysis of the data using Zoex GCImage software, provided by JSB, or the Leco ChromaToF software.
- You will learn the theory of comprehensive 2D gas chromatography (GCxGC)
- You will learn about the types of modulator and review the benefits of each
- You will learn and gain practical experience on the selection, set up and installation of the column set into a modulator
- You will learn about the importance of types of detectors for use in GCxGC
- You will learn how to maintain a GCxGC hardware set up
- You will gain practical experience by creating a GCxGC method, analysing a sample and reviewing the results
- You will learn about the parameters for optimisation of a sample using a particular set up
- You will learn the common troubleshooting problems of the technique
- You will learn about the benefits of comprehensive 2D gas chromatography (GCxGC)
Who is this course for?
This advanced course requires a high level of knowledge of GC to attend. If you have difficult and complex samples and wish to explore improving the resolution of your work through two-dimensional gas chromatography, then you should attend this course.
This course complements the 2-day GCxGC Data Handling (Zoex GCImage) course.
Course Venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
Number of days: 2
Price: £800 plus 20% VAT
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Book the 2-day Hands-on GCxGC Operator and 2-day GCxGC Data Handling (Zoex GCImage) courses together and get a 15% discount.
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 2-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 15% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.
Quotes from previous attendees
"Mode of presentation and course structure and style." Lawrence Akoto, a Principle Programme Officer from a Government Agency (March 2013).