Module 2 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £75 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This module looks at the types of carrier gases, detector gases and cooling gases used in gas chromatography in detail. This is followed by information on their supply; how they are plumbed into the GC; the reasons to use and the types of gas purifiers available; and how the gas flow and pressure is controlled.
- You will learn how to select and use the GC carrier gas.
- You will learn the principles of how gases should be plumbed-in from source to instrument.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn more or would like to brush-up on your knowledge about this particular section of the instrument then this is the module for you.
How to book this course
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full Complete GC & GC-MS course.
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"To understand all gases and plumbing in GC & GC-MS. [Most useful topic:] Recommended set-up." July 2020