Virtual Classroom Training: Practical Essentials of GC Columns, GC Detectors & Mass Spectrometers in GC-MS
- Duration: Total of 6 hours split over 2 days
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Online training | See individual dates
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members and Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required).
What will you learn on this course?
This course covers all the practical theory of analytical columns; GC detectors and mass selective detectors.
This course is packed full of examples and practical tips, makes full use of props and includes a Questions and Answers session at the end of each module, making it the course to attend for all of your useful GC knowlege!
The full course is built from the following individual modules:
- Module 4: Practical Essentials of GC Columns
- Module 5: Practical Essentials of GC Detectors
- Module 6: Practical Essentials of Mass Spectrometers in GC-MS
- You will learn how to select a GC column
- You will learn the operation and selection of an appropriate GC detector
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who have some knowledge of gas chromatography and would like to greatly enhance it, learning the essential and practical theory about all available GC & GC-MS techniques.
For complete beginners with no or very little knowledge of GC, it is advisable to first attend the 1-day Absolute Basics of GC & GC-MS as you may be overwhelmed by the amount of information on this course.
How does the virtual classroom training work?
You will be provided with a link to access the virtual classroom and the training course will be presented live at the scheduled time through video conferencing. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the live course. If for any reason you miss the live broadcast, you will be provided with a one-time link to access a recording of the course and can submit any questions via email.
Just some of the feedback from previous attendees of our face-to-face classroom course:
"The method of teaching was excellent and focused. Covered all topics related to GC and GC-MS. The slides were appropriate and good for better understanding."
"Really good course and a great overview. Enjoyed relating the theory to my practical applications (and problems) in the lab."
"I found the course refreshed my knowledge and also taught me some things I didn't know beforehand. Some really good tips! Explained some techniques I had heard of but had no experience or knowledge of".