Pittcon 2020 Short Course
|Course title:||Absolute Basics of Gas Chromatography &
Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
|Dates:||Saturday 29th February 2020 - 8:30am - 5pm|
|Instructor:||Richard Stokes BSc MSc CCHEM FRSC|
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to gas chromatography and GC-MS. The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of GC & GC-MS.
- What is gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, a GC or GC-MS?
- How would you use them? How do they work and what is available?
- Why would you use them? How would they help solve your problems and what answers could they give?
- When would you use them? What types of analytes and samples can you use them for?
- Where would you use them? Which applications to answer what questions?
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at complete beginners to gas chromatography and no prior knowledge is required. If you are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales, marketing, administration or finance and would like to improve your knowledge in this area, then this is the course for you.
- You will learn about the different types of chromatography
- You will understand the definitions of gas chromatography and mass spectrometry
- You will learn the principles and components of the gas chromatograph
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for GC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of GC and GC-MS
To register, visit the Pittcon 2020 event website.
See our other Short Course at Pittcon 2020:
- Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS - view details