- Number of days: 3
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £760 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This course covers all the practical theory you need to know about liquid chromatography (LC) and its related techniques including liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS); mobile phase selection including gradient elution, pumps and plumbing. Sample introduction using manual injection and autosamplers, sample preparation, calibration standards, sample properties and data analysis.
This course is packed full of examples and practical tips, makes full use of props and includes a Questions and Answers session at the end of each day making it the course to attend for all of your useful LC knowlege! Add the complementary HPLC & LC-MS Clinic course to the end to obtain a full picture and learn Complete HPLC & LC-MS.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography.
- You will learn how to select and use the appropriate solvents for your mobile phase.
- You will learn about various autosampler injection methods and when to use each.
- You will learn how to select an appropriate LC column (including stationary phase and column dimensions).
- You will learn the operation and selection of an appropriate LC detector.
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer.
- You will learn about sample preparation techniques and calibration standards.
- You will learn how to undertake data analysis for quantitation and qualitative analysis.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who have basic knowledge of liquid chromatography and would like to greatly enhance it, learning the practical theory about all available HPLC & LC-MS techniques.
If you would like to improve your knowledge in a particular area and don't want to attend a 3-day course you can choose to attend individual days from the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS course.
If you have no or very little knowledge of liquid chromatography we recommend that you first attend the 1-day Absolute Basics of HPLC & LC-MS course.