- Duration: 1 day for face-to-face | Total of 6.5 hours for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Beginners
- Course type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom OR online via live video, with case studies to solve
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £350 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
What will you learn on this course?
This course provides an introduction for beginners to Size Exclusion Chromatography.
- What is size exclusion chromatography?
- Why do we use size exclusion chromatography? How could it help solve problems and what answers could it give?
- When do we use size exclusion chromatography? What types of analytes and samples can you use SEC for?
- How does size exclusion chromatography work? and what instrumentation is available?
- Where do we use size exclusion chromatography? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of size exclusion chromatography
- You will understand the definition of SEC
- You will learn the principles & limitations of the technique
- You will learn about the principles and components of the size exclusion chromatograph
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for SEC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of SEC
Who is this course for?
If you have no or very little knowledge of Size Exclusion Chromatography, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales but have some experience with chromatography, then this is the course for you.
This course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending more bespoke SEC application development training.