- Duration: 1 day for face-to-face | Total of 6.5 hours for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom OR online via live video, with case studies to solve
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £485 + VAT
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
What will you learn on this course?
This is a perfect introduction to Ultra-High Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC) and the migration of methods from HPLC to UHPLC as well as learning about the sustainability benefits.
The introduction starts with a refresher to liquid chromatography, with a definition, types of samples, analytes, standards and mixtures that can be analysed using LC, the separation basics and an LC overview. The course then takes a closer look at sample properties, method development theory and analytical columns.
Building on the knowledge already learned, the course then moves onto looking at the differences between HPLC and UHPLC, the choice of UHPLC columns and the system pressure implications, scaling injection volumes and column dimensions, the migration of gradient tables, the pumps and detectors required for UHPLC and data sampling strategies. The migration principles learned are then put into practice with classroom-based case studies and exercises on migrating to narrower ID columns, migrating to sub-2 micron particles sizes and the migration of gradient tables.
The course then concludes with a summary of information learned, UHPLC applications and a discussion of the sustainability benefits of using UHPLC alongside the pros & cons and tips for method migration.
- You will learn about the easiest methods to migrate from HPLC to UHPLC
- You will learn about the principles behind migration from HPLC to UHPLC and the method parameters to consider
- You will learn about strategies for data sampling and data analysis when using UHPLC
- You will learn about different instrumentation required for UHPLC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of method migration
- You will understand the reasons behind method migration and sustainability benefits
- You will learn the principles & limitations of HPLC and UHPLC
Who is this course for?
If you have intermediate chromatography user experience with HPLC analysis, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales, then this is the course for you. The course is also suitable for those who have attend our Complete HPLC & LC-MS or Hands-on Complete HPLC & LC-MS courses, or one of our Comprehensive HPLC courses.
This 1-day course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending more bespoke HPLC to UHPLC method migration training.