GC Columns, GC Detectors and Mass Spectrometers - Face-to-Face training | Virtual Classroom training
Day 2 / Modules 4 - 6 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Duration: 1 day for face-to-face | Total of 6 hours over 2 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face OR online via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
If you are only interested in finding out more about GC Columns, GC Detectors & GC-MS Mass Spectrometers then please attend this one day course.
What will you learn on this course?
First, analytical columns for gas chromatography are covered in detail including the theory, optimisation and applications of packed and capillary columns, the separation process and types available.
This is followed by a brief introduction into many types of detectors used in gas chromatography both universal and selective. Flame ionisation (FID) and electron capture (ECD) detectors are covered in detail. The course then focuses on mass spectrometry principles and the data generated; the types of mass spectrometers available that are hyphenated to GC; their vacuum systems, ionisation techniques, mass filters and detectors.
- You will learn how to select a GC column
- You will learn the operation and selection of an appropriate GC detector
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn about these particular areas or would like to brush-up on your knowledge then this is the course for you.
Individual Modules - Virtual Classroom training
For Virtual Classroom training, you can choose to attend the individual modules from this course:
- Module 4: Practical Essentials of GC Columns
- Module 5: Practical Essentials of GC Detectors
- Module 6: Practical Essentials of Mass Spectrometers in GC-MS
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full Complete GC & GC-MS course.
*Discount applicable when booked at least one month in advance (for Face-to-Face courses) or 24 hours in advance (for Virtual Classroom courses), membership number is required. Discounts cannot be combined and are only applicable to courses both organised and run by Anthias Consulting Ltd.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
- Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020