Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Agilent MassHunter for SQMS) - Face-to-Face training | Virtual Classroom training
- Duration: 3 days for face-to-face | Total of 19.5 hours over 5 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent MassHunter for GC-SQMS
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom OR online via live video, with practicals on the software
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1060 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Agilent MassHunter software for instrument control, data acquisition and data analysis focusing on single quadrupole GC-MS.
The course covers PC and data system set-up and maintenance; an overview of MassHunter software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; reports; an introduction to deconvolution; Retention Time Locking (RTL) and method maintenance.
It combines a mixture of presentations with software exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software
- You will learn set-up, maintenance and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods
- You will learn how to create full scan and SIM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including deconvolution and library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to deconvolution and learn retention time locking
- You will learn about method maintenance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of Agilent single quadrupole GC-MS instruments and data analysis using MassHunter software. This is also an introductory course for those learning the Agilent triple quadrupole mass spectrometer with MassHunter software leading into the 1-day Comprehensive GC-MS Advanced Training (Agilent QQQMS with MassHunter) course.
- Combine with the Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Agilent SQMS) to attend the full Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) course for £1520 + VAT.
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"Learning how to make a lot of the manual commands I do become automated, as I wasn't aware a lot of these existed and although it will be a learning curve to become adept at doing them I believe my work will benefit." Danielle Nichols, Analytical Chemist, G&H Technical Services (November 2020).
"I enjoyed the practical aspects and being able to work through the scenarios as they were discussed." November 2020.
Feedback from previous attendees of Face-to-Face course
"Good coverage of the software and excellent knowledge from the instructors." Fiona Riley, Lead analyst, Croda Europe Ltd (March 2018).
"(I enjoyed the) practical exercises. I think the course is of a high quality level." Analytical research technician from a university (March 2016).
"Very comprehensive, covered all aspects. New to MassHunter so all good overall." Senior analyst, forensic services (October 2015).
"Very good. (Most interesting topic was) qualitative and quantitative reporting" Sein O'Connell, Analyst, Medical Bureau of Road Safety (October 2015).
"(I enjoyed) basic overview of all sectors and how it advanced throughout the course. How the trainer was able to link everthing to each other." Analyst, forensic services (October 2015).
"(I enjoyed) gaining a greater understanding of MassHunter." Orla Gogarty, Analyst, Medical Bureau of Road Safety (October 2015).
"(I enjoyed) improving my skills with MassHunter. It was all useful and interesting." Derek Ness, Managing Director, Applied Polymer Developments Ltd. (March 2015).