- Number of days: 1 day for face-to-face | Total of 6.5 hours for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent GC-QQQMS with MassHunter software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals OR online via live video, with practicals on the software
- RSC approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This Comprehensive GC-MS Training course provides training on the triple quadrupole mass spectrometer, following on from the Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) course. The course introduces the fundamental theory of triple quadrupoles for MS/MS, looks at the hardware and maintenance differences between the single quadrupole and triple quadrupole, before moving onto the MassHunter software for use with MS/MS including method development.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn about the different modes of operation of a triple quadrupole
- You will learn about the hardware differences between the Agilent single and triple quadrupole mass spectrometers and how triple quadrupoles work
- You will learn about the additional maintenance required with a triple quadrupole, including tuning differences
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software for MS/MS
- You will learn how to create and how to develop MS/MS methods
- You will learn about the differences in MassHunter software for handling data from different MS/MS modes
- You will learn how to perform data analysis on MS/MS data
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent GC-QQQMS instruments using MassHunter software with previous experience of single quadrupole instruments.
Attendees must have good experience of Agilent single quadrupole GC-MS instruments using MassHunter software or have attended the Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) course and are transitioning to the Agilent GC-QQQMS.
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom training:
"Diane knows her topic very well and is very engaging." Bespoke Virtual Classroom training, December 2021.