- Number of days: 2 days for face-to-face | Total of 13 hours for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent GC-QTOF with MassHunter software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with hardware and software practicals OR online via live video, with online practicals
- Scheduled course venue: See venues | Virtual Classroom
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1050 + VAT
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
What will you learn on this course?
This Comprehensive training course provides training on the Time-of-Flight mass spectrometer, following on from the Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) course. The course introduces the fundamental principles of accurate mass data from TOF-MS instruments and principles of MS/MS and the use of Q-TOF for MS/MS experiments. It looks at the hardware and maintenance differences between the single quadrupole and Time-of-Flight MS instruments including method development, before moving onto the MassHunter software for use with TOF-MS and Q-TOF MS/MS data.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn about the principles and uses of accurate mass and MS/MS data
- You will learn about the different modes of operation of a quadrupole Time-of-Flight (TOF) mass spectrometer
- You will learn about the hardware differences between the Agilent single and TOF/Q-TOF mass spectrometers and how TOF mass spectrometers work
- You will learn about the additional maintenance required with a TOF/Q-TOF MS, including tuning differences
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software for accurate mass and MS/MS data
- You will learn how to create and how to develop TOF-MS and Q-TOF MS/MS methods
- You will learn about the differences in MassHunter software for handling data from different analysis modes
- You will learn how to perform data analysis on accurate mass and MS/MS data
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent GC-QTOF instruments using MassHunter software with previous experience of single quadrupole instruments.
Attendees must have good experience of Agilent single or quadrupole GC-MS instruments using MassHunter software or have attended the Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) or Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent QQQMS with MassHunter) courses and are transitioning to the Agilent GC-QTOF MS.