Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS - Face-to-Face training | Virtual Classroom training
Day 1 / Modules 1 - 3 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Duration: 1 day for face-to-face | Total of 6 hours over 2 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face OR online via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
If you are only interested in finding out more about Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction in GC and GC-MS then please attend this one day course.
What will you learn on this course?
After an introduction to gas chromatography, the types of carrier gases and detector gases used are examined in detail. This is followed by information on how to plumb-in GC gases; the reasons to use and the types of gas purifiers available; along with problems that are frequently encountered in this area.
Sample Introduction techniques are taught in detail, including their theory, optimisation and applications. These include on-column injections, split injections, splitless injections and types of large volume injection techniques. As the inlet is the most common area for problems within a GC(-MS) system, your troubleshooting and maintenance skills will greatly benefit from having a thorough knowledge of inlet systems and how they work.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography
- You will learn how to select and use the GC carrier gas
- You will learn about various injection techniques and when to use each
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn about these particular areas or would like to brush-up on your knowledge then this is the course for you.
Individual Modules - Virtual Classroom training
For Virtual Classroom training, you can choose to attend the individual modules from this course:
- Module 1: Practical Essentials of Gas Chromatography and GC-MS Introduction
- Module 2: Practical Essentials of Gases & Plumbing in GC & GC-MS
- Module 3: Practical Essentials of Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full Complete GC & GC-MS course.
*Discount applicable when booked at least one month in advance (for Face-to-Face courses) or 24 hours in advance (for Virtual Classroom courses), membership number is required. Discounts cannot be combined and are only applicable to courses both organised and run by Anthias Consulting Ltd.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
- Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees of Face-to-Face course
"Diane was very thorough and went beyond the basic material I have received in the past." Feedback from the Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS Short Course at Pittcon 2019 (the afternoon session of the 1-day Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS course).
"As I am new to GC/MS, this really helped me understand a critical part of the technique and introduced me to many technical terms." Feedback from the Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS Short Course at Pittcon 2019 (the afternoon session of the 1-day Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS course).
"Excellent descriptions of various methods of sample introduction into GC instruments. Information presented will be very useful to apply to my specific issues at work." Feedback from the Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS Short Course at Pittcon 2019 (the afternoon session of the 1-day Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS course).
"It was very useful to be able to attend the single day so that I can learn the sections that were useful to me." Analytical chemist at a University attended 1-day Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction course from the Complete GC & GC-MS course (April 2013).