Day 1 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
If you are only interested in finding out more about Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction in GC and GC-MS then please attend this one day course.
What will you learn on this course?
After an introduction to gas chromatography, the types of carrier gases and detector gases used are examined in detail. This is followed by information on how to plumb-in GC gases; the reasons to use and the types of gas purifiers available; along with problems that are frequently encountered in this area.
After lunch Sample Introduction techniques are taught in detail, including their theory, optimisation and applications. These include on-column injections, split injections, splitless injections and types of large volume injection techniques. As the inlet is the most common area for problems within a GC(-MS) system, your troubleshooting and maintenance skills will greatly benefit from having a thorough knowledge of inlet systems and how they work.
- You will learn how to select and use the GC carrier gas
- You will learn about various injection techniques and when to use each
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn about these particular areas or would like to brush-up on your knowledge then this is the course for you.
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full 5-day course.
Feedback from previous attendees
"It was very useful to be able to attend the single day so that I can learn the sections that were useful to me." Analytical chemist at a University attended 1-day Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction course from the Complete GC & GC-MS course (April 2013).