- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom-based, 50% hands-on laboratory-based
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Scheduled course price: £925 + VAT per delegate, per course
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
Spend the first day learning the theory of mass-spectrometry and then use this knowledge to create GC-MS methods, perform injections and change MS parameters to see the effects.
The final day combines learning the reasons why maintenance is required, what happens if maintenance isn’t performed and the signs of when maintenance is needed along with practicals carrying out maintenance on mass spectrometers.
This course will cover MSD theory, methods and maintenance of a GC-quadrupole-MS.
- You will learn the principles of mass spectrometry
- You will learn about the function & operation of the MS individual components
- You will become familiar with the MS instrumentation
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters for each MS component
- You will have practical experience of performing maintenance on each MS component
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those with some knowledge of GC.
Please note: this course will only cover the MSD not the GC, refer to the ‘GC’ courses for training on that part of the instrument.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting course to form the 3-day Hands-on GC-MS, Maintenance & Troubleshooting course for £1310 + VAT.
- Combine with the 2-day Hands-on GC & Maintenance and 1-day Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting courses to form the 5-day Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS course for £1870 + VAT.
Feedback from previous attendees
“[I enjoyed the] problem solving exercises both practical and on handouts, with the in-depth explanation of GC components and troubleshooting. [It had] more practical exercises I will actually use at work.” Chemist in the Environmental Industry who attended the Hands-on GC, Maintenance & Troubleshooting courses.