- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom and 50% practical exercises in the laboratory
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £575 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course is spent learning the theory of liquid chromatography and then using this knowledge to create isocratic and gradient methods, program detectors and analyse data. After an introduction to liquid chromatography, this course addresses solvents & buffers (the mobile phase), pumps, isocratic and gradient elution, sample introduction, analytical columns, HPLC detectors and data analysis.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography
- You will learn about the function & operation of the individual HPLC components
- You will become familiar with the HPLC instrumentation
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters for each HPLC component
- You will have practical experience of analysing data
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all levels of knowledge; however for complete beginners it is advisable to attend the 1-day Absolute Basics of HPLC & LC-MS first to get a good basic overview of liquid chromatography.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on HPLC Maintenance to form the 2-day Hands-on HPLC Theory, Methods & Maintenance for £975 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on HPLC Maintenance and the 1-day Hands-on HPLC & LC-MS Troubleshooting courses to form the 3-day Hands-on HPLC Theory, Methods, Maintenance & Troubleshooting course for £1385 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on HPLC Maintenance, the 1-day Hands-on HPLC & LC-MS Troubleshooting and 2-day Hands-on LC-MS Theory, Methods & Maintenance courses to form the 5-day Hands-on Complete HPLC & LC-MS for £1990 + VAT.