If you would like to improve your knowledge in a particular area and don't want to attend a 2, 3 or 5-day course you can choose to attend individual days from the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS, The GC & GC-MS Clinic and Complete GC & GC-MS courses.
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle, case studies to solve & chromatograms to troubleshoot
- Course venue: Online training | The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange one of these courses just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate, per course
Each of these courses has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for these individual courses (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn each day?
- Day 1: Gases and Plumbing & Sample Introduction in GC & GC-MS
- Day 2: GC Columns, GC Detectors and Mass Spectrometers
- Day 3: Data Analysis and Sampling Techniques for GC & GC-MS
- Day 4: GC & GC-MS Method Development and Advanced Techniques
- Day 5: GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting and Maintenance
The five courses can be grouped together into the following courses:
Who are these courses for?
Depending on which day you choose there are different requirements of prior knowledge, please see the individual days. To fully understand gas chromatography and GC-MS it is highly recommended to attend the full 5-day course.
Feedback from previous attendees
"It was very useful to be able to attend the single day so that I can learn the sections that were useful to me." Analytical chemist at a University attended 1-day Gases & Plumbing and Sample Introduction course from the Complete GC & GC-MS course (April 2013).
"All the information was given in a clear and very professional manner and the course will really help me to identify problems I might encounter in the future. All questions were answered and good examples and solutions to problems given. All topics covered were useful and interesting + we had a tour of the lab!" Katiuska Caraballo, Analytical Chemist at South East Water, attended Troubleshooting & Maintenance individual day of the Complete GC & GC-MS course (July 2012).