Module 1 of the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS and the Complete HPLC & LC-MS courses.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £50 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This module provides an introduction to liquid chromatography including the definition of liquid chromatography and an overview of the analytes and samples analysed using the technique. It then moves on to look at the basics of separation, reviewing the HPLC system and the chromatogram.
- You will gain an introduction to liquid chromatography (HPLC) and liquid chromatography - mass spectrometry which will then be built on and referred back to through the remaining course modules.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited HPLC experience and would like an overview of the technique before learning each part in more detail, then this is the module for you.
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"This module was perfect to set the scene and ease us into the learning further into the course." Joe Richardson, Assistant Scientist, Environment Agency (November 2020).
Feedback from previous attendees of Face-to-Face course
"[I enjoyed the] level of detail information presented."
"Useful discussion. Better material and knowledge of the instructor is helpful."
"Professional, high quality delivery, keep track on time."
"The instructor is aware of all the LC-MS spectrometry. I found in this course useful materials."
"[I enjoyed] developing an understanding of the applications and function of the equipment."
"The HPLC & LC-MS training was good and I enjoyed it because I have learnt a lot."