- Duration: Total of 6.5 hours for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Advanced
- Course type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £300 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This course combines the two advanced Practical Essentials courses covering Multi-Mode Inlets (MMIs) & Programmable Temperature Vapourisers (PTVs) and Large Volume Injection (LVI).
The first part of the course focuses on the added functionalities of PTVs over standard hot inlets as a truly multi-mode inlet. Time will be spent looking at the theory and advantages of cold split and cold splitless injections and the uses for cold-trapping, high final inlet temperatures, large volume injections and additional techniques like thermal desorption and extraction. The course will cover creating, using and optimising cold injection methods to analyse thermally labile and high molecular weight samples and looking at other PTV techniques.
The second part of the course looks at the theory and advantages behind the different large volume injection techniques along with how to create, use and optimise LVI methods, covering rapid (at once), speed-controlled and multiple large volume injection (LVI) techniques.
Is this course for me?
This course will enable you to learn about some advanced and powerful GC techniques which could be very useful for your analysis. Delegates should have good knowledge of GC or GC-MS or have attended the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS or the Hands-on GC & GC-MS courses.
- You will learn about the various PTV injection techniques and the pros and cons of each type
- You will learn about the various large volume injection techniques and the pros and cons of each type
- You will learn how to select the best techniques for your samples and analytes
- You will learn about the individual parameters required to be optimised for each technique
- You will learn how to develop a PTV method
- You will learn how to develop an LVI method
- You will have examples of applications using the techniques
If you would like to improve your knowledge in a particular area, you can choose to attend individual modules:
- Module 1: Practical Essentials of Multi-Mode Inlets (MMIs) & Programmable Temperature Vapourisers (PTVs)
- Module 2: Practical Essentials of Large Volume Injection (LVI)