Module 6 of the Practical Essentials of Sample Preparation course.
- Duration: 3.25 hours
- Experience level: Advanced
- Course Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £225 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This course covers the theory of purge-and-trap (P&T) and how to modify samples to improve results, how to create P&T methods, analyse samples and the parameters that can be optimised.
- You will learn about how to use Purge & Trap (P&T) as an automated sample preparation technique for GC or GC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of P&T
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using P&T
- You will learn about the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve method robustness and sensitivity
- You will learn about the individual steps and processes in P&T analysis
- You will learn the frequent maintenance and common troubleshooting problems in P&T analysis
- You will learn P&T tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using P&T in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
Combine with any of the other classroom-based sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses:
- Practical Essentials of Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE)
- Practical Essentials of Derivatisation
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE)
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Practical Essentials of Headspace
- Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Practical Essentials of Pyrolysis (Py)
- Combine courses and save:
- Combine 2 modules - price £350 + VAT
- Combine 3 modules - price £515 + VAT
- Combine 4 modules - price £680 + VAT
- Combine 5 modules - price £835 + VAT
- Combine 6 modules - price £990 + VAT
- Combine 7 modules - price £1142.50 + VAT
- Combine all 8 modules - price £1295 + VAT