Module 8 of the Practical Essentials of Sample Preparation course.
- Duration: 3.25 hours
- Experience level: Advanced
- Course Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £162.50 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This course covers the theory behind the different pyrolysis techniques, how to create pyrolysis methods, analyse samples and the parameters that can be optimised.
This course will cover analytical pyrolysis, samples that can be analysed, types of pyrolysis, instrumentation & set up and troubleshooting.
- You will learn about how to use Pyrolysis as an automated sample preparation technique for GC or GC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of Pyrolysis
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using Pyrolysis
- You will learn about the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve method robustness and sensitivity
- You will learn about the individual steps and processes of Pyrolysis analysis
- You will learn the frequent maintenance and common troubleshooting problems in Pyrolysis analysis
- You will learn Pyrolysis tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using Pyrolysis in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires good knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
Combine with any of the other classroom-based sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses:
- Practical Essentials of Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE)
- Practical Essentials of Derivatisation
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE)
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Practical Essentials of Headspace
- Practical Essentials of Purge-and-Trap (P&T)
- Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Combine courses and save:
- Combine 2 modules - price £300 + VAT
- Combine 3 modules - price £450 + VAT
- Combine 4 modules - price £570 + VAT
- Combine 5 modules - price £715 + VAT
- Combine 6 modules - price £800 + VAT
- Combine 7 modules - price £930 + VAT
- Combine all 8 modules - price £975 + VAT
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"Great presenter with lots of knowledge on pyrolysis and great scientific content delivery skills!" August 2021.