Module 3 of the Absolute Basics of Physical & Structural Properties of Molecules course.
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- Course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £175 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
What will you learn on this course?
This module is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC). The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC).
- What is Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)?
- Why do we use DSC? How could it help solve problems and what answers could it give?
- When do we use DSC? What types of analytes and samples can you use DSC for?
- How does DSC work? and what instrumentation is available?
- Where do we use DSC? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of DSC
- You will understand the definition of DSC
- You will learn the principles & limitations of the techniques
- You will learn about the principles and components of DSC instrumentation
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for DSC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of DSC
Who is this course for?
- Beginners - those new to Differential Scanning Calorimetry.
- Analysts or Technicians looking for a refresher in these techniques.
- Lab Managers and Line Managers - those who are responsible for the instruments or the analysts using them.
- Data Analysts and Report Writers - technical specialists who aren't using the instruments but are using data from them.
- Service Engineers and Consultant Engineers - those who look after or recommend the use of these instruments but don't have the chemistry background or chemistry viewpoint.
- Those involved in the Sales or Marketing of these instruments, their consumables or their use for analysis - e.g. manufacturers, contract labs, media companies.
This course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending further bespoke DSC application development training.
*Discount applicable when booked at least 24 hours in advance, membership number is required. Discounts cannot be combined and are only applicable to courses both organised and run by Anthias Consulting Ltd.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
- Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
How to book this course