A technique used to resolve a mixture of compounds for the purpose of identification and quantitation. Suitable for compounds that are capable of generating a vapour pressure when heated to a temperature of up to 400°C. Separation is affected by the interaction between a solid or liquid stationary phase and a gaseous mobile phase. For very volatile compounds, separation is essentially a physical process, for semi-volatile compounds, polarity or chemical separation becomes more of a contribution.
Gas Chromatography techniques
Gas Chromatography Training Courses
We offer universal GC & GC-MS training applicable to any manufacturers' instrumentation, this can be hands-on in the laboratory or classroom-based. Our manufacturer-specific training courses focus on a specific manufacturer’s hardware and software.
Many of our training courses are approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD), look for the RSC approved logo.
Universal laboratory-based, hands-on training courses:
- 5-day Hands-on Complete GC & GC-MS
Universal classroom-based training courses:
- 1-day Absolute Basics of GC & GC-MS
- 5-day Complete GC & GC-MS
- 3-day Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS
- 2-day The GC & GC-MS Clinic
Manufacturer-specific training courses:
- 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB CDS)
- 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB ChemStation)
- 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB EZChrom)
- 4-day Comprehensive GC Training course (Shimadzu GC with GCsolution)
- 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Thermo GC with Xcalibur)
- 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Scion/Bruker/Varian GC with Star)
- 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Scion/Bruker/Varian GC with Galaxie)