2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training (Agilent GC), £665 + 20% VAT (Price increasing to £750 + VAT from January 2018)
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography along with the set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent GC hardware.
The course covers an introduction to gas chromatography; instrument overview; introduction to troubleshooting; gases, supply and handling; autosamplers; split-splitless and multi-mode inlets; capillary columns; flame ionisation and electron capture detectors.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the Agilent Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters and performing maintenance of the GC instrument
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, Agilent autosamplers, Agilent inlets including split-splitless and multi-mode, capillary columns, and detectors focusing on FID and ECD
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent gas chromatographs. Please note that while hands on training will take place on the Agilent 7890 or 6890 the course is suitable for all models of Agilent gas chromatograph.
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 2-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 15% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive Software Training (OpenLAB Chemstation) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB Chemstation) course for £1230 + VAT.
- Or combine with the 2-day Comprehensive Software Training (OpenLAB EZChrom) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB EZChrom) course for £1230 + VAT.
Quotes from previous attendees
"Far better (than other courses), more practical aspects than most and well informed presenter. (I enjoyed) practical training and troubleshooting." Placement student, specialist government department (December 2016).
"Topic was explained simply, well presented, relaxed and able to ask questions." Andrew Hallett, Shift Chemist, Dow Corning (August 2015).