Module 5 of the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS courses.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Online training | See individual dates
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £50 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members and Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 20% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 24 hours in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
The module course covers a brief introduction into the types of detectors used in liquid chromatography both universal and selective, their relative sensitivities and linear dynamic ranges are discussed. Ultra Violet/ Visible absorbance (UV/Vis), Fluorescence (FL), Refractive Index (RI) and Photo Diode Array absorbance (PDA or DAD) detectors are covered in detail.
- You will learn the operation and selection of an appropriate LC detector.
- You will learn how the different detectors work.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited LC experience, wish to learn more or would like to brush-up on your knowledge about this particular section of the instrument then this is the module for you.
How does the virtual classroom training work?
You will be provided with a link to access the virtual classroom and the training course will be presented live at the scheduled time through video conferencing. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the live course. If for any reason you miss the live broadcast, you will be provided with a one-time link to access a recording of the course and can submit any questions via email.
Just some of the feedback from attendees of our face-to-face classroom course:
"[I enjoyed the] level of detail information presented."
"Useful discussion. Better material and knowledge of the instructor is helpful."
"Professional, high quality delivery, keep track on time."
"The instructor is aware of all the LC-MS spectrometry. I found in this course useful materials."
"[I enjoyed] developing an understanding of the applications and function of the equipment."
"The HPLC & LC-MS training was good and I enjoyed it because I have learnt a lot."