Module 6 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Online training | See individual dates
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £125 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members and Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required).
What will you learn on this course?
This module focuses on mass spectrometry principles, the reasons for use and the data generated. It includes the types of mass spectrometers available that are hyphenated to GC; their vacuum systems, ionisation techniques, mass filters and detectors.
- You will learn how mass spectrometers work and the data they generate.
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer.
- You will learn about the pros and cons of MS versus GC detectors.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn more or would like to brush-up on your knowledge about this particular section of the instrument then this is the module for you.
How does the virtual classroom training work?
You will be provided with a link to access the virtual classroom and the training course will be presented live at the scheduled time through video conferencing. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the live course. If for any reason you miss the live broadcast, you will be provided with a one-time link to access a recording of the course and can submit any questions via email.
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full Complete GC & GC-MS course.
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"To learn how different mass spectrometers work and summary in comparison to the mass spectrometers." July 2020