Module 3 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £200 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This module covers the various Sample Introduction techniques in detail, including their theory, parameters and applications. These include on-column injections, split injections, splitless injections and types of large volume injection techniques. As the inlet is the most common area for problems within a GC(-MS) system, your troubleshooting and maintenance skills will greatly benefit from having a thorough knowledge of inlet systems and how they work.
- You will learn about various injection techniques and when to use each.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn more or would like to brush-up on your knowledge about this particular section of the instrument then this is the module for you.
How to book this course
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full Complete GC & GC-MS course.
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"Comprehensive knowledge about sample introduction, particularly all the diagrams with a clear explanation from the instructor." July 2020
Just some of the feedback from attendees of our face-to-face classroom course:
"Excellent descriptions of various methods of sample introduction into GC instruments. Information presented will be very useful to apply to my specific issues at work."