Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Agilent MSD ChemStation) - Face-to-Face training | Virtual Classroom training
- Duration: 2 days for face-to-face | Total of 13 hours over 3 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent MSD ChemStation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom OR online via live video, with practicals on the software
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
The Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Agilent MSD ChemStation software for both instrument control, data acquisition and analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of MSD ChemStation software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; Retention Time Locking (RTL); sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; reports; an introduction to macros; and method maintenance.
It combines a mixture of presentations with software exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the MSD ChemStation software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods
- You will learn how to create full scan and SIM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to macros and learn retention time locking
- You will learn about method maintenance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of Agilent GC-MS instruments and data analysis using MSD ChemStation software.
- Combine with the Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Agilent SQMS) to attend the full Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MSD ChemStation) course for £1340 + VAT.
*Discount applicable when booked at least one month in advance (for Face-to-Face courses) or 24 hours in advance (for Virtual Classroom courses), membership number is required. Discounts cannot be combined and are only applicable to courses both organised and run by Anthias Consulting Ltd.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
- Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees
"More engaging and better presented than other technical courses." Nick Davidson, Analyst, Northumbrian Water (November 2014).
“Best (course) I have been on. Most relevant.” Sarah Pendlington, Analyst, Northumbrian Water (November 2014).