- Duration: 1 day for face-to-face | Total of 6.5 hours for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Beginner
- Course type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face OR online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- Scheduled course venue: See venues
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £385 + VAT
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
What will you learn on this course?
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to MALDI and MALDI-TOF. The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of MALDI-TOF.
- What is MALDI-TOF?
- How would you use it? How does it work and what is available?
- Why would you use it? How would it help solve your problems and what answers could it give?
- Where would you use it? What types of analytes and samples can you use it for?
- When would you use it? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of MALDI
- You will understand the definitions of MALDI-TOF
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sample preparation techniques for MALDI-TOF
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of MALDI and MALDI-TOF
Who is this course for?
- Beginners - those new to MALDI, MALDI-TOF or Mass Spectrometry.
- Analysts or technicians looking for a refresher in these techniques.
- Lab managers and line managers - those who are responsible for the instruments or the analysts using them.
- Data analysts and report writers - technical specialists who aren't using the instruments but are using data from them.
- Service engineers and consultant engineers - those who look after or recommend the use of these instruments but don't have the chemistry background or chemistry viewpoint.
- Those involved in the sales or marketing of these instruments, their consumables or their use for analysis - e.g. manufacturers, contract labs, media companies.
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"The presenter was super knowledgeable. [Most useful topic:] The top tips for preparing a plate." Sarah Hutchison, Team Leader, Scottish Water (July 2022).
"I enjoyed the show and tell aspects to explain some parts further and in practical terms; content was right level for absolute basics. The How MALDI-TOF works section was very interesting and forms a great foundation. July 2022.
"The many notes on the presentation. The videos and that the instructor showed the compartments on the live-stream." July 2022.