- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course is designed to introduce the fundamental concepts of GC+GC. It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software and hardware lab exercises to give you comprehensive training. It will review the operation of the Agilent Deans Switch flow modulator.
This course includes an introduction to heart-cutting gas chromatography; selection and installation of the column set into the CFT device; development of the method and analysis of the data.
- You will learn the theory of heart-cutting gas chromatography (GC+GC)
- You will learn about the types of heart-cutting switches
- You will learn and gain practical experience on the selection, set-up and installation of the column set into a Deans switch
- You will learn how to maintain the GC+GC hardware set up
- You will gain practical experience by creating a GC+GC method, analysing a sample and reviewing the results
- You will learn the common troubleshooting problems of the technique
- You will learn about the benefits of heart-cutting gas chromatography (GC+GC)
Who is this course for?
This course is for someone experienced in gas chromatography. If you have difficult and complex samples and wish to explore improving the resolution of your analysis through heart-cutting, then you should attend this course.
This course is run on demand - please contact us to book.