Module 7 of the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS course.
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Online training | See individual dates
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £192.50 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This module looks at mass spectrometry with atmospheric pressure inlets. Electrospray, APCI and APPI ionisation techniques are discussed, mass analysers and tandem mass spectrometry are also covered.
The final section covers targeted or non-targeted analysis including applications that require data dependant acquisition (DDA).
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer and how to apply them to your sample analysis.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited LC-MS experience, wish to learn more or would like to brush-up on your knowledge about this particular section of the instrument then this is the module for you.
How does the virtual classroom training work?
You will be provided with a link to access the virtual classroom and the training course will be presented live at the scheduled time through video conferencing. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the live course. If for any reason you miss the live broadcast, you will be provided with a one-time link to access a recording of the course and can submit any questions via email.
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"Learning about the hybrid instruments, especially triple quads was good - the level of detail was great and provided a great comparison between all the different options available and how they affect results." Joe Richardson, Assistant Scientist, Environment Agency (November 2020).
Feedback from previous attendees of Face-to-Face course
"[I enjoyed the] level of detail information presented."
"Useful discussion. Better material and knowledge of the instructor is helpful."
"Professional, high quality delivery, keep track on time."
"The instructor is aware of all the LC-MS spectrometry. I found in this course useful materials."
"[I enjoyed] developing an understanding of the applications and function of the equipment."
"The HPLC & LC-MS training was good and I enjoyed it because I have learnt a lot."