Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption
Pittcon 2019 Short Course
Wednesday 20th March 2019 - 8:30am - 12:30pm
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This course begins with the theory of thermal desorption, types of samples that can be analysed using this technique, types of tube packing materials and how to collect samples. This knowledge is then used to examine TD methods, collect and analyse samples and experiment with parameters to see the effects.
This course will cover the thermal desorption of gas-phase and solid-phase samples.
Who is this course for?
Those who have or are thinking about using thermal desorption for the analysis of their samples. Participants should have good fundamental knowledge of gas chromatography.
- You will learn about how to use TD as an automated sample preparation technique for GC & GC-MS in great detail.
- You will learn the fundamental theory of TD.
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using TD.
- You will learn about the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve sensitivity.
- You will learn how to set up and maintain the technique on an instrument.
- You will learn about the individual steps of TD.
- You will learn the common troubleshooting problems in TD.
- You will learn the TD tips and tricks.
- You will learn about the benefits using TD in the analysis of your samples.
See our other Pittcon short courses: