- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Hands-on, laboratory-based
- RSC approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1250 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The first day of this course covers the reasons why maintenance is required, what happens if maintenance isn't performed and the signs of when maintenance is needed along with practicals carrying out maintenance on a gas chromatograph. This course will cover maintenance of the liquid autosampler, inlet, column and FID/ECD.
The second day combines learning how to go about troubleshooting a GC and a GC-MS instrument and what problems can occur, with real problem solving on the instruments and data analysis software. This course will cover troubleshooting the gas supply, autosampler, inlet, column, GC detector and MS including leaks, tune problems, GC & GC-MS methods and identifying if the GC or the MSD is the problem.
- You will have practical experience of performing maintenance on each GC components
- You will learn the strategies for GC & GC-MS instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of GC & GC-MS instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on GC Theory & Methods to form the 3-day Hands-on GC Theory, Methods, Maintenance & Troubleshooting for £1650 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on GC Theory & Methods, the 1-day Hands on GC-MS Theory & Methods and the 1-day Hands on GC-MS Maintenance courses to form the 5-day Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS for £2500 + VAT.