- Number of days: 3
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom and 50% practical exercises in the laboratory
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1385 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
Spend the first day learning the theory of mass-spectrometry and then use this knowledge to create LC-MS methods, perform injections and change MS parameters to see the effects.
The second day combines learning the reasons why maintenance is required, what happens if maintenance isn’t performed and the signs of when maintenance is needed along with practicals carrying out maintenance on mass spectrometers.
The final day combines learning how to go about troubleshooting HPLC and LC-MS instruments and what problems can occur, with real problem solving on the instruments and data analysis software.
This course will cover the theory, methods, maintenance and troubleshooting of the vacuum system, ionisation, mass analysers, ion detection and data analysis including acquisition rate and tuning.
- You will learn the principles of mass spectrometry
- You will learn about the function & operation of the MS individual components
- You will become familiar with the MS instrumentation
- You will learn the importance of routine maintenance
- You will learn the signs of when maintenance is required
- You will learn the strategies for HPLC & LC-MS instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters for each MS component
- You will have practical experience of performing maintenance on each MS component
- You will have practical experience of HPLC & LC-MS instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those with knowledge of HPLC or beginners who have attended the 2-day Hands-on HPLC Theory, Methods & Maintenance.