Module 1 of the Practical Essentials of Advanced Injection for GC & GC-MS course
- Duration: 3.25 hours
- Experience level: Advanced
- Course type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £162.50 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This training course focuses on the different sample introduction and injection techniques that can be used with Programmable Temperature Vapourisers (PTVs), Multi-Mode Inlets (MMIs), Cooled and Universal Injection Systems. The course will cover hot versus cold split and splitless injections; cool on-column injection (COC); large volume injection (LVI); thermal desorption (TD); pyrolysis; and in-liner derivatisation injection techniques. This is a universal course for these advanced inlets that is applicable to many different manufacturers' instrumentation, including GL Sciences OPTIC, GERSTEL CIS, Thermo PTVs, Varian PTVs, Agilent PTV & MMI, Shimadzu OCI/PTV and JAS UNIS.
This course looks at the added functionalities of PTVs over standard hot inlets as a truly multi-mode inlet, covering the theory, parameters, advantages and applications of these different sample introduction and injection techniques. The course will cover creating, using and optimising cold injection methods to analyse thermally labile and high molecular weight samples and using other advanced injection techniques.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who are analysing problems analytes, like thermally labile or high molecular weight compounds; and/or require a multi-functional GC inlet to analyse a range of different sample and analyte types using different sample introduction techniques. Delegates may already have a PTV or MMI or are considering the purchase of one. This course requires good knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
Note: This course will cover all advanced injection techniques but not large volume injections in great detail, please refer to the Practical Essentials of Large Volume Injection (LVI) course for more in-depth training on this technique.
- You will learn about the various injection techniques and the pros and cons of each type
- You will learn how to select the best techniques for your samples and analytes
- You will learn about the individual parameters required to be optimised for each technique
- You will have examples of applications using the techniques
- Combine with the Practical Essentials of Large Volume Injection (LVI) course to form the Practical Essentials of Advanced Injection for GC & GC-MS course for £300 + VAT.