Practical Essentials of Sample Preparation, Calibration Standards and Sample Properties for HPLC & LC-MS
Module 8 of the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS and Complete HPLC & LC-MS courses.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: Online training | See individual dates
- Onsite/offsite/online availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
- Scheduled course price: £150 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
In this module, a whole range of sample preparation techniques which can be applied are covered in detail, including the theory, optimisation and applications. The techniques include filtration; enrichment & dilution; standards prepared in matrix; Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE); Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE); QuECHERS and protein precipitation methods.
This is followed by information on calibration standards (internal and external standards) and the incorporation of quality control samples for quantitation methods.
- You will learn about sample preparation, the preparation of calibration standards and sample properties.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited LC experience, wish to learn more or would like to brush-up on your knowledge about this particular section of the instrument then this is the module for you.
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom course
"This module was good as it guided us through calibration standards and quality control which gave me confidence that we were doing sufficient quality monitoring already at work." Joe Richardson, Assistant Scientist, Environment Agency (November 2020).
Feedback from previous attendees of Face-to-Face course
"[I enjoyed the] level of detail information presented."
"Useful discussion. Better material and knowledge of the instructor is helpful."
"Professional, high quality delivery, keep track on time."
"The instructor is aware of all the LC-MS spectrometry. I found in this course useful materials."
"[I enjoyed] developing an understanding of the applications and function of the equipment."
"The HPLC & LC-MS training was good and I enjoyed it because I have learnt a lot."