- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £600 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course is spent learning the theory of purge-and-trap (P&T) and how to modify samples to improve results, then using this knowledge to create P&T methods, analyse samples and experiment with parameters to see the effects.
This course will cover purge and trap.
- You will learn about and gain practical experience of how to use Purge & Trap (P&T) as an automated sample preparation technique for GC or GC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of P&T
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using P&T
- You will learn about and gain practical experience of the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve method robustness and sensitivity
- You will set up and maintain the technique on a live instrument
- You will learn about the individual steps and processes in P&T analysis
- You will learn the frequent maintenance and common troubleshooting problems in P&T analysis
- You will learn P&T tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using P&T in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
- Combine with any of the other hands-on sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses: