Module 2 of the Practical Essentials of Sample Preparation course.
- Duration: 3.25 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £162.50 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
What will you learn on this course?
This course covers all the essential theory about analytical derivatisation for GC-MS or LC-MS, along with the need and importance for better chromatography, sensitivity and stability.
The course will review the different types of derivatisation including Acylation, Silylation, Alkylation & Esterification and various reagents used in each of the types. It will look at the importance of selecting a suitable derivatising reagent and review the steps required in the derivatisation process.
The course will review the importance of suitable instrument methods and ensuring systems are optimised for derivatisation and will conclude with the benefits and uses of analytical derivatisation in various industries.
- You will gain an introduction to the basic principles of derivatisation and its uses in analytical chemistry
- You will understand the different types of derivatisation techniques commonly used
- You will learn the chemistry behind derivatisation and its importance for chromatography
- You will learn how to select a suitable derivatisation agent and learn about the process of derivatisation
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those with experience in GC-MS or LC-MS and who would like to learn more about sample preparation for these techniques.
Combine with any of the other classroom-based sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses:
- Practical Essentials of Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE)
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE)
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Practical Essentials of Headspace
- Practical Essentials of Purge-and-Trap (P&T)
- Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Practical Essentials of Pyrolysis (Py)
- Combine courses and save:
- Combine 2 modules - price £300 + VAT
- Combine 3 modules - price £450 + VAT
- Combine 4 modules - price £570 + VAT
- Combine 5 modules - price £715 + VAT
- Combine 6 modules - price £800 + VAT
- Combine 7 modules - price £930 + VAT
- Combine all 8 modules - price £975 + VAT