Module 7 of the Practical Essentials of Sample Preparation course.
- Duration: 3.25 hours
- Experience level: Advanced
- Course Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- On demand availability: Available
- Scheduled course price: £162.50 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This course begins with the theory of thermal desorption, types of samples that can be analysed using this technique, types of tube packing materials and how to collect samples.
This course will cover the thermal desorption of gas-phase and solid-phase samples.
- You will learn about how to use TD as an automated sample preparation technique for GC & GC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of TD
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using TD
- You will learn about the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve method robustness and sensitivity
- You will learn about the individual steps and processes of TD analysis
- You will learn the frequent maintenance and common troubleshooting problems in TD analysis
- You will learn TD tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using TD in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires good knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
Combine with any of the other classroom-based sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses and save:
- Practical Essentials of Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE)
- Practical Essentials of Derivatisation
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE)
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Practical Essentials of Headspace
- Practical Essentials of Purge-and-Trap (P&T)
- Practical Essentials of Pyrolysis (Py)
- Combine courses and save:
- Combine 2 modules - price £300 + VAT
- Combine 3 modules - price £450 + VAT
- Combine 4 modules - price £570 + VAT
- Combine 5 modules - price £715 + VAT
- Combine 6 modules - price £800 + VAT
- Combine 7 modules - price £930 + VAT
- Combine all 8 modules - price £975 + VAT
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees:
"I enjoyed that the course covered all aspects of TD knowledge required and that it was understandable for even a beginner like myself." April 2021.
"This course gave me a good overview of what goes into analyzing with thermal desorption alone and helped to formulate some ideas of how it can be implemented in our laboratory. This course moved at a steady pace, was perfect for a novice. There wasn't anything I was not able to understand and possibly use in the future." Feedback from the Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption Short Course at Pittcon 2019.
"Very thorough. Slides are excellent. Good pace." Feedback from the Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption Short Course at Pittcon 2019.