Module 3 of the Practical Essentials of Sample Preparation course.
- Duration: 3.25 hours
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £162.50 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
What will you learn on this course?
This course covers all the essential theory about Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) as a means of sample preparation.
The course will review the different types of SPE processes used for sample extraction including non-polar SPE, polar SPE and ion exchange SPE. It will review different types of sorbents used for each process and understand the chemistry behind the extraction of the analysis.
The knowledge acquired will then be used to determine suitable sorbents for the extraction of a suitable sample, understand the extraction process and how to analyse the extracts using GC-MS or LC-MS. The course is designed to increase expertise for users of SPE.
The course will also review the importance of selecting appropriate methods and systems and will conclude with the benefits and uses of SPE within various industries.
- You will learn about the basic principles of SPE including the theoretical and practical considerations
- You will learn about the different types of SPE processes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- You will learn about the various extraction techniques offered by SPE
- You will learn about the sorbent selection process for different applications
- You will learn about the appropriate SPE methodology for your application and matrix
- You will learn the importance and benefits of SPE such as selective isolation, analyte concentration and solvent conversion
- You will learn the importance of SPE method development and troubleshooting
- You will learn how to undertake SPE
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all levels of knowledge and is applicable to those preparing samples for gas or liquid chromatographic analysis either manually or using automated systems.
Combine with any of the other classroom-based sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses:
- Practical Essentials of Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE)
- Practical Essentials of Derivatisation
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Practical Essentials of Headspace
- Practical Essentials of Purge-and-Trap (P&T)
- Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Practical Essentials of Pyrolysis (Py)
- Combine courses and save:
- Combine 2 modules - price £300 + VAT
- Combine 3 modules - price £450 + VAT
- Combine 4 modules - price £570 + VAT
- Combine 5 modules - price £715 + VAT
- Combine 6 modules - price £800 + VAT
- Combine 7 modules - price £930 + VAT
- Combine all 8 modules - price £975 + VAT