Module 4 of the Practical Essentials of Sample Preparation course.
- Duration: 3.25 hours
- Experience level: Advanced
- Course Type: Universal, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Online via live video, with instrument parts and consumables to see
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £162.50 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a discount on this course*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This course is spent learning the theory behind Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME), how to modify samples to improve results, how to create SPME methods, analyse samples and the parameters which can be optimised.
This course will cover Headspace-SPME and Immersion-SPME, SPME phases, SPME instrumentation & set up, maintenance and troubleshooting. It will introduce related techniques like SBSE, SPE-TD and SPDE.
- You will learn about how to use SPME as an automated sample preparation technique for GC & GC-MS / HPLC & LC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of SPME
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using SPME
- You will learn about the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve method robustness and sensitivity
- You will learn about the individual steps and processes of SPME analysis
- You will learn the frequent maintenance and common troubleshooting problems in SPME analysis
- You will learn SPME tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using SPME in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires good knowledge of GC or GC-MS, HPLC or LC-MS. The course is applicable to both techniques, all practicals will be carried out on a GC.
Combine with any of the other classroom-based sample preparation for gas chromatography and liquid chromatography courses:
- Practical Essentials of Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE)
- Practical Essentials of Derivatisation
- Practical Essentials of Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE)
- Practical Essentials of Headspace
- Practical Essentials of Purge-and-Trap (P&T)
- Practical Essentials of Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Practical Essentials of Pyrolysis (Py)
- Combine courses and save:
- Combine 2 modules - price £300 + VAT
- Combine 3 modules - price £450 + VAT
- Combine 4 modules - price £570 + VAT
- Combine 5 modules - price £715 + VAT
- Combine 6 modules - price £800 + VAT
- Combine 7 modules - price £930 + VAT
- Combine all 8 modules - price £975 + VAT